If you’re reading this, chances are you’re a travel junkie like myself. You want to discover more, more and more of the world, and you have the curiosity to know where other like-minded people want to go.
I could argue that I would like to visit every country and as many places as possible in each country. I want to be the type of traveller who goes off the beaten path but also doesn’t shy away from landmarks and touristy spots. Most of the time, there’s a reason why they’re touristy, after all. I try not to focus on counting countries but on counting different views, people, foods and experiences. Our world is an incredible palette of all of these!
So far I’ve visited parts of: Australia, Belgium, People’s Republic of China, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Italy, Kenya, Luxembourg, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican. (Technically 17 countries)
I think that countries, cities, places can “speak” to different people, based on what makes each of us tick. Below is a list of places that I would love to visit in the future and will try to turn some of these into manageable, achievable goals to the best of my ability. I don’t take the opportunity to travel for granted and I intend to work hard to go on any of these trips. The effort alone gives me hope and joy in having something exciting to look forward to.
My heart and curiosity are drawn to these destinations at the moment:
- Discover INDIA – and all its endless beauty. I need to go to India in my lifetime, I feel a calling to go there that my family and friends don’t understand. I’d love to visit the south in particular, but everywhere really
- West Coast of U.S.A. – visit family friends in and around San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego. See at least 1 of the incredible national parks in this side of the country
- Explore the national parks of the mid-western U.S.A., notably in Utah and Arizona. I mean, the photographs look unreal!
- Explore more of Portugal outside of Lisbon – for example the southern parts and/or Porto and surroundings
- Explore Vietnam – north to south would be awesome
- Explore PARIS – this one HAS to happen at some point, I didn’t spend 10 years of my life studying French for nothing!!!
- Go to Laos and Cambodia – potentially in one trip
- Visit Penang in Malaysia – amazing food, street art, mixture of cultures, opportunities to see orangutans in their natural environment!
- New Zealand! – spend 2 weeks exploring the North and South Islands or see each of the islands in 2 separate trips
- Go to San Sebastian in Spain – OMG the food there!
- Go back to Greece – Because seeing family and friends comes above everything else
- Ski in Bulgaria – go skiing in Bansko
- Visit the Galapagos Islands – it’s so expensive to get there from Melbourne… but I’m dying to see the wildlife!
- One day I will do a road trip along the south of France which I’ve had on my mind for many years: drive through France’s La Provence (see Monaco, Nice, Cannes, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Toulouse, Bordeaux)
- Go to Colombia – the people, their attitudes, their food, the natural beauty of the country from the Caribbean coast to the mountainous regions…
- Visit Poland – it’s got very important history, it’s affordable, its pretty. Warsaw and Krakow are on my list.
- Go to Berlin – explore the history and party scene
- Go to Amsterdam (because Amsterdam)
- Visit Sri Lanka – see the wildlife, go on the magical train ride in Ella through tea fields
- Go to Singapore – the mix of cultures and food scene alone draw me here
- I would love to go to Iceland – the nature and landscapes looks out of this world!
- Go to Western Australia and tour as much of it as I can (Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Broome and more)
- Visit fairy tale-like Prague
- Explore the Northern Territory, Australia (and its amazing national parks)
- TRANS-SIBERIAN RAILWAY !!! – Dream of a lifetime for sure. Ideally spend 3 weeks on it going from St. Petersburg to Beijing. Anyone want to fund me to do this? Anyone? Anyone?
- Go to Zanzibar, Tanzania – have a relaxing, exotic holiday
- Explore northern and mainland Greece – Drive through Delphi, Olympia, Meteora, Thessaloniki (I’d like to visit the new Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki), Kastoria, Giannena. Visit the village of Nymfaios and the bear and wolf sanctuary of Arktouros.
- Visit the Greek islands of Kerkyra, Kithira, Kalymnos and of Rhodes
- Turkey – Explore parts of the west coast where my ancestors came from. Visit Constantinople (Istanbul) in the same trip
- Uganda – Gorilla trekking <3
- Canada to Alaska Cruise (Vancouver to Alaska and back)
- North-east U.S.A. and east Canada road trip (from Philadelphia to Boston, through New Hampshire and Vermont to Montreal, Quebec City, go through Ottawa, down to Niagara Falls, return to Philadelphia passing through Pittsburgh)
- Argentina – I think I’m already in love with the city of Buenos Aires
- Go to Austria (visit Vienna and ideally visit Christmas markets)
- Visit the island of Tasmania, Australia. I cannot wait to hike some amazing trails and gasp at the natural scenery.
Have you ever sat and thought about which places on the planet you are most drawn to visiting and why?